What is the Housing Apprenticeship?
Delivered by PM Training and developed by Aspire Housing to support the Housing sector.
The affordable housing sector employs over 88,000 staff alone and manages over 2.5 million homes.
At a national level, there are very few organisations who offer delivery of occupational-based apprenticeships – traditionally, housing organisations offer more generic apprenticeships such as customer service or business administration.
Our new Housing Apprenticeship is specifically tailored to the Housing sector’s needs:
Aimed at new entrants to housing, the Level 2 Standard delivers training for a supporting role within the sector:
- Prepares the individual for a range of general housing and property management duties which can lead to entry level roles
- Duration: 12-18 months
- End point assessment: case study assessment, portfolio of evidence and an interview
Aimed at individuals in roles such as:
- Housing Officer
- Neighbourhood Officer
- Neighbourhood Coordinator/Advisor
- Lettings/Allocations/Tenancy/Income Management Officer
The Level 3 Standard delivers:
- Training in a range of sector duties leading to operational or specialist roles
- Duration: 18-24 months
- End point assessment: work-based project and a panel interview
With a Housing Apprenticeship (Level 2), apprentices can become:
- Resident Involvement Assistant
- Customer Services Assistant
- Assistant Property Manager
- Lettings Negotiator
- Housing Assistant
- Housing Administrator
- Revenues Assistant
- Neighbourhood Assistant
- Lettings Assistant
- Repairs Assistant
With a Housing Apprenticeship (Level 3), apprentices can become:
- General or specialist Housing Officer or Neighbourhood Officer
- Neighbourhood Coordinator
- Lettings Officer
- Allocations Officer
- Tenancy Officer
- Income Management Officer
- Leasehold Management Officer
- Private Sector Housing Officer
- Strategic Housing Officer
- Property Manager
On completion of the Housing Apprenticeship, apprentices will be able to join the following:
- Chartered Institute of Housing (CIH) – Member level
- Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA) – Associate level
- Institute of Residential Property Management (IRPM) – Associate level
Put your Apprenticeship Levy to good use with Housing Apprenticeships for Housing Associations.
For more information, call our Partnerships team on 01782 279121
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.