Fancy a career in gas and plumbing but not sure where to start? If you’re aged 16-18 and want to develop your skills we have just the job.
Our gas and plumbing pre-apprenticeship programme will support your progression into a Gas and Plumbing Apprenticeship working in our state of the art bpec accredited centre, sponsored by Vaillant Boilers.
This course is designed to give you essential knowledge in gas and plumbing and core construction skills. We’ll get you ready for an apprenticeship, working with you on core skills such as timekeeping and attendance – things employers are looking for!
What you’ll learn
- Health and safety
- Practical pipework fabrication techniques
- Pipework skills covering plastic, steel and copper
- Construction skills aligned to gas installation including plastering, brickwork, and joinery
- Basic electrical safe isolation and wiring
- Work towards Maths and English Functional Skills, if not already achieved
What job roles can I progress onto?
This course leads onto an endpoint assessment of competence and the opportunity to be placed with a local employer as an apprentice. The sector provides opportunities to work in many businesses with the average entry salary of a Level 3 qualified engineer approx £25,000.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.