A bricklaying apprenticeship provides the skills you need to enter the construction industry as a bricklayer.
Firstly, you’ll need good practical skills. Secondly, you’ll learn the ability to read plans and develop an awareness of safety issues. Alongside this, you’ll pay particular attention to working at heights and carrying loads.
This is a Framework qualification that allows you to showcase core competency in working in trowel occupations. As a result, you’ll learn how to conform to general health, safety and welfare in the workplace. Alongside this, you’ll gain an understanding about working practices in the workplace and therefore how to move, handle and store resources in the workplace.
Duration | 12 – 18 months
Typical Units Covered:
- Conforming to general health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Conforming to productive working practices in the workplace
- Moving, handling and storing resources in the workplace
- Erecting masonry structures in the workplace
- Setting out masonry structures in the workplace
- Conserving or restoring stonemasonry, brickwork or earthen structures in the workplace
- Preparing and mixing lime mortars in the workplace
- Erecting masonry cladding in the workplace
- Erecting thin joint masonry structures in the workplace
- Producing internal solid plastering finishes in the workplace
- Applying solid render to background surfaces and producing finishes in the workplace
- Installing drainage in the workplace and information management
- Developing working relationships with colleagues
- As a result of completing a bricklaying apprenticeship, you could progress from the Level 2 Diploma in Trowel Occupations (Construction) to a range of qualifications at level 3 and above, including Occupational Work Supervision.
Naila Bibi is an award winning apprentice within Aspire Housing. She is a valued member of the HR team who won the Financial, Legal and Professional Services Award and Asian Apprentice Of The Year 2017. Naila started her apprenticeship journey through Officeworks at PM Training and has worked hard to achieve great success.
“I would recommend PM Training to anyone. The experience has been amazing and I love being able to tell my story to other learners and businesses”.
Start your application now
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.