To assist in maintaining the smooth operation of EffecTech’s two warehouses by keeping a clean, safe and ordered working environment. The role involves moving goods between the two warehouses using the FLT.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Keep a clean, safe and ordered working environment and optimise space utilisation for the two EffecTech warehouses.
- Operation of Fork Lift Truck (FLT)
- Packing of goods onto pallets, labelling of goods out
- Receiving goods In
- Report any discrepancies or anomalies
- Working to established safety standards, guidelines e.g. BCGA, ADR
- Communicate and co-operate with supervisors and co-workers
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations.
Duties specific to this role
- Cylinder preparation (painting, cleaning & stock control)
- Wooden pallet management (assessment followed by use, repair or recycling)
- Assist logistics department in loading, goods In / Out
- Assist Production department with cylinder movement
- Internal parcel / mail delivery
Skills & Experience
- Good communicator
- Basic Microsoft Office understanding
Desired Personal Qualities
- Eye for detail
- Safe working
- Hard working & helpful
GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths at C grade or above
- FLT Licence
There are a number of prospects within the company. The apprentice could stay in the warehouse and in time and if appropriate, could manage the warehouse activities. If the apprentice would prefer to follow another route, either logistics or production, the management would be supportive. There would also be an opportunity to join our site services team as a junior engineer but that would require the candidate to show a high degree of engagement along with the necessary interest in mathematics and science.
Things to consider
We are looking for an ambitious and engaged individual who is prepared to challenge existing practices and seek continual improvement. EffecTech is a growing company and there are many opportunities
Please note due to the nature of the role only candidates aged 18 years and over will be considered.
Monday – Friday 08.30 – 17.00
Level 2 Certificate in Warehousing and Storage