A Transport Coordinator role requires someone who is alert and hard working. You will be responsible for monitoring delivery performance, warehousing, customer quotes and more.
- The routing and planning of all depot vehicles (Class 1 & Class 2 vehicles) to ensure all deliveries and collections are completed in an efficient manner.
- To ensure accurate processing of all jobs within the transport management software.
- Complete the booking in of deliveries.
- Monitoring of delivery performance and advising customers of issues.
- Liaise with the warehouse to ensure customer orders are processed.
- Providing rates and quotes to customers.
- Ensure POD’s and paperwork is completed correctly.
- Some Warehouse Duties when required
- Some Van Driving Duties when required
- Data Entry
- Printing Labels
What is a Transport Coordinator?
A Transport Coordinator has a variety of expected jobs, from financial management to ensuring delivery targets have been met. If you like working in a fast paced environment then this could be the job for you. They are trusted and relied upon members of staff.
About Your Employer:
|Berser are a transport & logistics service provider. They have won for the 2nd Year in succession Platinum Status within the Palletways Network, this is the highest accolade a depot can achieve.|
- Good Communication
- Good time keeping
- Friendly & approachable
- Excellent telephone manner
- Willing to work in a close team
- Willing to share and input your own ideas
Applying English & Maths To This Role:
You may require an element of English and Maths skills in this role, this will link with tasks such as date inputting and providing quotes to customers.
GCSE Maths and English 9-4 (A*- C) is preferred but not essential.
A DRIVING LICENSE IS ESSENTIAL FOR THIS ROLE
Apprenticeship in Customer Service Level 2
Berser invest in people and there is room for progression with this apprenticeship.
They will train you to become a Class 3 Driver in Year 2
They will put you through Class 2 License in Year 3
Year 3 you would be on Class 2 Wage and try to achieve Class 1 License