Do you have a passion for production? This is a unique job opportunity for someone who aspires to be a hands-on worker!
To assist the sign maker in his everyday tasks.
- To help relieve the workload through preparing graphics for application using various
tools and machines, finishing of banners to include trimming, hemming and eyeleting
- To learn how to apply vinyl onto substrate, operation of the plotter and printer.
- To learn to fabricate signage
- To assist with installation of signage (including at height)
- To be able to create basic designs using software for customers
- Customer interaction
- Measure and survey potential jobs with the signmaker
09:30am – 17:30pm (Monday – Thursday)
09:30am – 13.30pm (Friday)
About Your Employer:
Signability are a bespoke signmakers based on Fenton Industrial Estate producing a range of quality signage and graphics in house, using printers, plotters, a whole range of tools and by hand.
What is a sign making apprentice?
Signmakers create signs for marketing purposes and to symbolize the image of a company. They are usually responsible for the physical production of signs, such as applying vinyl and then mounting them for display.
- Good time keeping
- Good time management
- Ability to work independently
- Eye for detail
- Carry out instructions
- Willingness to learn
Applying English and Maths To This Role:
You will come across Maths with this role as you will have to measure.
5 GCSE’s inc Maths, English (9-4) (A*- C) or Functional Skills or equivalent
A driving license is preferred but not essential
Apprentice PMO Level 2
This role can help you gain the skills you need to further progress your career.