Why not try out this new apprenticeship vacancy as a shopfitting apprentice? This can be a well-paid career path and will help you develop lots of skills and experience!
- Learning from hands-on experience from the get-go.
- Taking supplier deliveries and ensuring they are received in good order and then delivered correctly.
- Helping to keep the workshop in order by fetching and carrying materials.
- Loading and emptying the wood skips, keeping the workshops/sites tidy and clear of trip hazards
- Preparation and assembly of joinery works including wrapping ready for delivery
- Loading the vans with finished works ready for delivery
- Carry out duties with due regard to health, safety and welfare of self and others
- Reporting of hazards or machinery faults promptly to line manager
- Wearing PPE at all times when working; safety boots, hi-vis as a minimum
- Represent the company in a professional manner by making effort to wear clean and tidy uniform.
About Your Employer:
B3 Shopfitting Ltd are a joinery led shopfitter with its own manufacturing facilities in Stone, Staffordshire. They were first established in 2001.
Skills and Personal Attributes Required:
- Correct and safe use of tools and equipment
- Read and interpret drawings and specifications
- Understanding of effective customer care
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work co-operatively with others
- Take responsibility for own work
- Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Problem solving
- Knowledge of good health and safety practice
- Drivers licence (useful not essential)
Applying English & Maths To This Role:
- Interpreting and understanding instructions and being able to ask for help
- Using weights and measurements on a daily basis. Including ability to convert weights and measurements accurately
- Reading and interpreting Autocad drawings for manufacture, cutting materials etc
GCSE Maths and English A*- C (9-4) or Functional skills as equivalent
- Workshop hand
- CNC Operator
- Bench joiner
- Site labourer
- Site joiner