This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to progress their career within Customer Service and Retail, working for a high-quality menswear firm, you will be able to shine and share your passion for clothing with your customers!
To assist customers in finding and purchasing their required merchandise. Also, to encourage customers to purchase products.
Working week: Monday to Friday, 8.30am til 5.00pm
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities include:
- Greeting customers & enquiring about their needs
- Recommend, select and help locate the right merchandise
- Describe a product’s features and benefits
- Answer customer queries regarding the store and the merchandise
- Make suggestions and encourage the purchase of products
- Receive and process cash, check and charge/credit payments
- Provide change and receipts
- Bag or package purchases
- Count money, sort charge slips and balance monies
- Place special orders
- Organize and process merchandise exchanges
- Stay current with sales prices
- Arrange and display merchandise
- Keep merchandise area tidy
- Take stock inventory
What is a Customer Service Assistant?
Customer Service Assistants have an important job representing a company first hand, they have to be well presented and approachable. Being a Customer Service Assistant, you could be in a shop serving customers or even behind closed doors answering important phone calls. People will often come to you for help so you need to make sure you are confident, polite and have an interest in what you are talking about. You will usually be part of a team and expected to report to a manager. Being a Customer Service Assistant is a very important job and there is lots of room for progression!
About Your Employer:
Terraces menswear are a local design wear shop which are based in Stoke on Trent and Trentham.
- Understand how to deliver excellent customer service
- Organisation Skills (Able to manage time effectively and prioritise workload accordingly) check
- Able to work as part of a team check
- Good communication skills check
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions check
- A computer-based ability a good ability to spell and to be confident working in a computer environment
- Proactive approach to seeking and sharing knowledge
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Awareness of equality and diversity
- Flexible, enthusiastic, ‘can-do’ approach to everyday work Open to change and new ideas
- Willingness and desire to take responsibility and use own initiative
- Commitment to own personal professional development
- Good Work Ethic, Passion and the right attitude to work
Applying English & Maths To This Role:
You will be using both English and Maths skills. In Customer Service, you will need to be confident and presentable in speaking to customers. Retail positions will require Maths in order to be able to answer customer questions regarding pricing and using tills.
Qualifications Required :
GCSE Maths and English 9-4 (A*- C) or Functional Skills as equivalent
Apprenticeship in Customer Service Level 2
There may be a contract available for the right candidate at the end of the apprenticeship.