Working within the Fulfilment Department in a fast paced environment you will undertake a wide range of tasks on behalf of major retailers. Day to day tasks will include purchasing stock from a large number of suppliers, reporting, managing supplier relationships, maintaining SLA’s and stock management.
As a Purchase and Supply Assistant you will be accountable for the following:
- Purchasing stock from a large number of suppliers
- Managing supplier relationships
- Maintaining SLA’s and stock management
- Setting up stock lines and systems
- Maintaining regular reports
- Checking inventories
- Maintaining and checking prices versus retailer systems
- Involved in listing new lines and dealing with new suppliers
- Processing orders from retailers
What is an apprentice Purchase & Supply Assistant?
A Purchasing Assistant also referred to as a procurement officer, is responsible for ordering materials, supplies, and/or equipment, and follow through with vendors on shipment and delivery.
About Your Employer:
Established in 2001, Dee Set support Retailers and Brands to drive growth, market share and ROI, ultimately to achieve excellence at the point of purchase. We work collaboratively with our clients to deliver retailer support strategies with the aim of improving distribution channels, cost efficiency strategies, availability, visibility and compliance to drive retail sales.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Ability to take ownership and be responsible for actions
- Well-developed time management skills, with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Self-motivation and be able to work on own initiative
- Attention to detail, with the ability to produce clear, concise documentation
- Excellent PC skills – to include Excel
- Excellent telephone manner
- Organisational skills
- Friendly and dependable
Applying English & Maths To This Role:
You may require an element of English and Maths skills in this role, this will link with tasks such as date inputting and stock management.
GCSE Maths and English 9-4 (A*- C) is preferred but not essential.
Customer Service Standard Level 2
Hard work and dedication in this role can help you progress onto permanent work.