This is a great opportunity for the right person, working in a small but busy workshop, alongside fully trained well-paid tradesmen.
To carry out high quality maintenance work to the Middleport Pottery and other UKHBPT properties as appropriate.
There will be a combination of repairs work, administrative duties and supply work.
Examples of work currently undertaken
- Repairs to floors, doors and windows
- Keeping gutters clean
- Fire and intruder alarm testing
- Legionella testing
- Electrical repairs
- Car park maintenance
- Checking on historic steam engine/bath house
- Maintaining all boilers, pressures etc
- Repairs to signs
- Touch up or repaint where required
- Cut lawns in summer months
- Looking after contractors
- Remedial works where/when required
- Setting up for events
- Changing bulbs
- Managing waste collections etc
- Attend to slipped or broken roof tiles
07.00am to 15.00pm
Monday to Friday
About Your Employer:
Middleport Pottery was built in 1888 by Burgess & Leigh Ltd. It is located at Middleport, Stoke-on-Trent, England.
- Good time keeper and attendance
- Good work ethic, passion and the right attitude to work
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexible, enthusiastic, ‘can-do’ approach to everyday work tasks
- A proactive approach to seeking knowledge and a learning attitude
Applying English & Maths In This Role:
You may come across Maths skills within this role.
- GCSE Maths and English 9-4 (A*- C)
Apprenticeship in Manufacturing (PMO) Level 2