An office role can allow you gain the skills you need for a variety of roles. You build confidence, telelphone manner and are able to support your team members.
Your Job Role:
- Taking incoming and making outbound telephone calls
- Filing and organising paperwork
- Sending and receiving emails
- Word processing
- Progressing orders/enquiries
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post
- Booking goods in and out
- Reception duties
- Updating computer records
- Assisting the sales and accounts departments with general administration as required.
The ideal candidate will be computer confident and will be proficient in the use of excel and word. Will be well organised and meticulous in their eye for detail and enthusiastic in their attitude towards work and administrative tasks, with a wish to progress within a company. A helpful telephone manner is essential and you must be able to work as part of a team as well as on your own.
Monday – Friday
Monday – Thursday 8.45AM-5.00PM
Friday – 8.45AM-4.00PM
What is a Business/Office Administrator?
Being part of Business Administration you are known for your effective organisation, telephone manner and often being trusted by a manager to take care of other administrative duties. Quite often, Business Administration members of staff will be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office and be quite creative.
Business Administration can take you into a variety of jobs as you will cover a lot of various skills. You are an important member of the team and will learn how to manage your job to the best of your ability, make a good impression and this job role and you can carry these skills onto a managerial role.
About Your Employer:
Rubberfast Limited were established in 1983 and are based in Fenton, Stoke-on-Trent. We are distributors of rubber, plastics, hoses, protective clothing, and janitorial supplies to trade and industry.
- Understand how to deliver excellent customer service
- Organisation Skills (Able to manage time effectively and prioritise workload accordingly)
- Able to work as part of a team
- Good confident communication skills
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Punctual and reliable with a desire to learn
- Clear handwriting
- A proactive approach to seeking and sharing knowledge
- Ability to work effectively and flexibly as part of a team
- Flexible, enthusiastic, ‘can-do’ approach to everyday work Open to change and new ideas
- Willingness and desire to take responsibility and use own initiative
- Commitment to own personal professional development and completion of their apprenticeship
- Good Work Ethic
- Passion and the right attitude to work
Applying English & Maths To This Role:
Mathematics will be used to work out prices, discounts, measurements, fractions, etc.
GCSE Maths, English, and ICT A*- C or Functional Skills or equivalent
Apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 2
Business administration can take you through to a wide range of jobs in many areas. Because the job roles you will have are so versatile you can use them to progress through to marketing, sales and more!