A junior administrator role allows you to build skills in a variety of areas. You will become a confident and organised individual who people will often turn to for support. This experience can really help to build your career in an office-based role.
To act as office junior in the purchasing, customer services and contracts department and provide support for a range of functions.
• Daily sales order input
• Setting up new product codes
• Liaising with suppliers for prices and checking stock availability
• Checking with suppliers for due dates for orders raised
• Coding of new pricing documents
• Assisting with incoming calls when necessary, taking and passing on messages via e-mail, or transferring the calls to the relevant colleague
• Franking, sorting and recording outgoing mail ready for collection
• Collecting drinks from the vending machines for the team when required
• Work as required for your manager
• Monitoring the incoming fax machines and distributing accordingly
• Assisting other team members in monitoring incoming emails during holiday periods
• Any other administration duties required
Working Hours & Wage:
Monday – Thursday 9–5.30 with 45 minutes for lunch
Friday 9-5 with one hour for lunch
First 3 months – £3.90 per hour
3-6 months – £4.00 per hour
6-9 months – £5.00 per hour
9-12 months – £5.50 per hour
What is a Business and Administration Apprentice?
Being part of a business and administration role means you will be an expert in an office environment. You may be familiar with paperwork, emails and using systems such as Microsoft Office. This can be a great route to get into if you would like a career in sales, marketing or customer service.
About Your Employer:
Fenns supply a variety of different products from workwear to print and interior design.
- Ability to work to a deadline
- Show the correct attitude at all times
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage client conversations well
- A great attitude to working
- Work within a team environment
Applying English & Maths To This Role:
You may need to be good with spelling and grammar for this role.
5 GCSE’s inc English & Maths (9-4) A-C
Business administration apprenticeship level 2
The successful applicant will be given the training required to become a competent member of the team. Fenns hope that after the initial 12 months apprenticeship that they would have a vacancy within the department.