Do you have a passion for IT? This is a fantastic role with great opportunities! IT can lead to a variety of jobs and a well-paid career path.
The IT Support Technician is there to help facilitate the needs of the organization in terms of IT Support Services at a specific site or set of sites. This person will be first point of contact for the IT Support team and will need to ensure that all requests are logged and dealt with in a timely manner. A friendly and confident personality is a must as our service desk maintains a traditional customer service approach.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- 1st Line IT support in person, or via phone and email to all users on-site
- Basic support for desktop hardware and software
- Daily duties such as server monitoring and backup monitoring
- Assist the team by researching various solutions to on-going issues
- There will be opportunities to learn about more complex networking and server management tools e.g. VLAN’s, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory
About Your Employer:
The Haywood Academy is a secondary school with academy status for 11 to 19-year-olds located on High Lane in the Stoke On Trent town of Burslem.
What is an IT apprentice?
A job in IT can be very rewarding. Not only are you learning the systems of growing and developing technology, but you are also helping others upgrade and maintain software. You are often the first person of contact when an IT problem is occurring which will mean you are an important and relied upon member of the team. IT based job roles can be an excellent start to a successful career and will also help you to be knowledgeable regarding software in the future.
- Understand how to deliver excellent customer service
- Organisation Skills (Able to manage time effectively and prioritise workload accordingly)
- Able to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions
- Basic understanding of computer hardware and/or networking is desirable
- Interest in technologies, particularly Windows PC’s and Servers
- Pro-active approach to seeking and sharing knowledge
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Awareness of equality and diversity
- Flexible, enthusiastic, ‘can-do’ approach to everyday work Open to change and new ideas
- Willingness and desire to take responsibility and use own initiative
- Commitment to own personal professional development
Applying English and Maths To This Role:
A good standard of written and spoken English is essential to the role as the apprentice will be required to simplify and communicate complex technical concepts to colleagues.
GCSE Maths, English, and IT/ Computing A*- C or Functional Skills or equivalent
Level 2 apprenticeship in IT
IT can be a well paid job and lead to a variety of successful jobs. IT is always developing and is a skill which is widely sought after.