The IT Support Technician is there to help facilitate the needs of the organisation in terms of IT Support Services at a specific site or set of sites. This person will be first point of contact for the IT Support team and will need to ensure that all requests are logged and dealt with in a timely manner. A friendly and confident personality is a must as our service desk maintains a traditional customer service approach.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• 1st Line IT support in person, or via phone and email to all users on-site
• Basic support for desktop hardware and software
• Daily duties such as server monitoring and backup monitoring.
• Assist the team with researching various solutions to on-going issues.
• There will be opportunities to learn about more complex networking and server management tools e.g. VLAN’s, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory
- Understand how to deliver excellent customer service
- Organisation Skills (Able to manage time effectively and prioritise workload accordingly)
- Able to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions
- Basic understanding of computer hardware and/or networking is desirable
- Interest in technologies, particularly Windows PC’s and Servers
- Proactive approach to seeking and sharing knowledge
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Awareness of equality and diversity
- Flexible, enthusiastic, ‘can-do’ approach to everyday work Open to change and new ideas
- Willingness and desire to take responsibility and use own initiative
- Commitment to own personal professional development
GCSE Maths, English, and IT/ Computing A*- C or Functional Skills or equivalent
CCNA, ITIL, MCSA or similar are all desirable
Progress your IT Career- APPLY NOW!