Do you have a passion for IT? This is a fantastic role with great opportunities! IT can lead to a variety of jobs and a well-paid career path.
The position is for an IT Service Desk Position:
The main objective of the role is to give first line support, support to internal staff and assist the IT technicians.
You will have key relationships with the Assistant Operations Manager, IT Technicians. Staff at Fifteen Group and Customers.
Your key tasks include:
- Giving exceptional first line support to all customers
- Daily monitoring of support to all customers
- Identifying issues and rectifying problems,
- Comms infrastructure support
- Updating industry IT knowledge
- Assist IT techs
- Use CRM daily.
Ensure you have up to date knowledge of:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2011, 2012.
- Microsoft Windows 7,8,10.
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange
- Office 365
- Microsoft Office Products
- Server, PC and Laptop Hardware
- Server Backups
- Printing Support
- Smart Phones
This role is based on 37.5 hour working week at £3.70 per hour.
About Your Employer:
Fifteen Group is based on Parkhall business village.
Fifteen Group works with organisations in many different sectors to make them smarter through technology. We provide end to end solutions and ongoing support that enables businesses to work smarter and achieve real value that goes beyond technology. We work with a range of well known, high profile brands, local businesses and UK wide companies.
What is an IT apprentice?
A job in IT can be very rewarding. Not only are you learning the systems of growing and developing technology, but you are also helping others upgrade and maintain software. You are often the first person of contact when an IT problem is occurring which will mean you are an important and relied upon member of the team. IT based job roles can be an excellent start to a successful career and will also help you to be knowledgeable regarding software in the future.
- A keen interest in IT
- Understanding/awareness of application and database fundamentals
- Understanding of websites and awareness of associated technologies
- General awareness and understanding of effective customer service.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good customer service skills and ability to develop effective working relationships.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Confident in using numerous IT packages such as Word, Excel.
- Ability to prioritise and organise workloads in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to complete all tasks accurately and in a timely manner
- To work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Willingness to undertake any additional training to develop skills and knowledge.
- Adapt technical skills
- Good time keeper and attendance
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexible, enthusiastic, ‘can-do’ approach to everyday work tasks
- Open to change and new ideas
- Willingness and desire to take responsibility and use own initiative when needed
- Commitment to own personal professional development
- A proactive approach to seeking knowledge and a learning attitude
GCSE Maths, English and IT 9-4 (A*- C ) or Functional Skills [or equivalent]
Level 2 apprenticeship in IT
IT can be a well paid job and lead to a variety of successful jobs. IT is always developing and is a skill which is widely sought after.