We are a outsourced IT solutions company so at our core we manage all aspects of our clients IT, from internal network, data backup to printers / mobile devices, etc. The following will be required but training will be provided.
The applicant will need to have their own car to travel to clients sites. During the initial introduction period they will be travelling with the MD but will need to get to the office in Burslem. Business Travel Expenses will be covered
Company mobile and laptop are provided
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimise performance
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Organise and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders
- Analytical skills, the ability to think first and then act.
- The confidence to regularly visit clients, manage their own time / workload.
- Very good telephone manner
- Must be able to work alone and use initiative
- Commitment to delivering excellent customer service
- Good level of written English and Mathematics – GCSE grade C or Above.
- Good organisational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Very good IT skills
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to take ownership through to satisfactory completion
- Works well under pressure
- Professional, friendly, honest and open approach with the ability to work effectively and in partnership with others.
- An genuine interest in IT and Technology
- Good Work Ethic and a committed attitude to working to the best of your ability
- Proactive approach to seeking knowledge
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, driven by own initiative
- Flexible, enthusiastic, ‘can-do’ approach to everyday work, open to change and new ideas
- Willingness and desire to take responsibility and use own initiative
- Commitment to own personal professional development
– GCSE Maths and English A*- C or Functional Skills or equivalent;Preferred
Level 2 IT User Skills
*Please note that all applicants will need to successfully complete a work trial before being signed up on to the apprenticeship programme