Do you have a passion for IT? This is a fantastic role with great opportunities! IT can lead to a variety of jobs and a well-paid career path.
- To support the service desk by logging and responding to service desk requests in accordance to the service desk standards
- To support the service desk team by providing guidance to colleagues, creating how-to guides for colleagues to use.
- To assist the service desk and infrastructure teams by maintaining the desktop devices, rebuilding laptops, carrying out Laptop MOT’s, supporting mobile devices across PM and Aspire.
- To support the Service Desk and Infrastructure Team by maintaining and updating an IT Asset list, ensuring that all records are accurate and carrying out regular audits on the equipment
- Create, support and maintain a suite of reports for monitoring service desk performance and infrastructure statistics
About Your Employer:
we are aspire consist of three businesses: Aspire Housing, PM Training and the Realise charity. Together, they blend commercial expertise with social purpose and revitalise communities by providing homes, training, employment and support.
What is an IT apprentice?
A job in IT can be very rewarding. Not only are you learning the systems of growing and developing technology, but you are also helping others upgrade and maintain software. You are often the first person of contact when an IT problem is occurring which will mean you are an important and relied upon member of the team. IT based job roles can be an excellent start to a successful career and will also help you to be knowledgeable regarding software in the future.
- Organisation skills to prioritise their workload and work to deadlines
- Methodical and able to accurately follow instructions
- Basic knowledge of computer systems
- Good standard of English and maths
- Complete documentation in accordance with procedures and guidelines
- Attention to detail
- Good telephone manner
- Hard working
- Able to maintain confidentiality
Applying English and Maths to this role:
Maths and English will be used in many aspects of this role, a specific example of which will be the creation and maintenance of reports which will contain statistical information as well as descriptive information.
A good standard of written and spoken English is essential to the role as the apprentice will be required to simplify and communicate what can sometimes be complex technical concepts to colleagues.
The successful candidate must be able to question the information being given to them and record accurate information within the service desk system
GCSE Maths, English 9-4 (A*- C ) or Functional Skills (or equivalent) preferred
Level 2 apprenticeship in IT
IT can be a well paid job and lead to a variety of successful jobs. IT is always developing and is a skill which is widely sought after.