You will be required to deal with admin responsibilities mainly to support The Income Collection and Rent Accounting team.
This will include
- Updating the online Universal Credit portal for rent verifications and updating information onto the Orchard Housing Management system.
- Adding codes to Orchard for suspended Housing Benefit claims.
- Searching for former tenants using Experian software who have terminated owing a debt.
- Sending referrals to Dukes Bailiffs for debts that the company are unable to collect.
- Updating the returns on Orchard from Dukes if there is any new information and putting forward for write-offs.
- Contacting former tenants by telephone to make acceptable payment arrangements and update Orchard.
- Identifying former arrears cases suitable for Court action and passing to Income Collection Team Leader to action.
- Supporting colleagues at Castle House which is the Aspire Self Service Centre for customers.
- Scanning and filing documents onto our Electronic Document Management system.
What is an Income apprentice?
An income apprentice will explore aspects of finance and income related job roles from using specific software to dealing with debts and benefit claims. This is an exciting role which you can apply your knowledge to other job roles in finance, accounts, housing or more!
About Your Employer:
we are aspire consist of three businesses: Aspire Housing, PM Training and the Realise charity. Together, they blend commercial expertise with social purpose and revitalise communities by providing homes, training, employment and support.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- General IT skills
- The ability to self motivate & work on your own initiative
- Good Organisation
- Good time keeping
- Good Communication
- Good time keeping
- Friendly & approachable
- Excellent telephone manner
- Willing to work in a close team
- Willing to share and input your own ideas
Applying English & Maths To This Role:
English would be required if any ad hoc letters needed to be sent (with guidance from Team Leader)
Maths would be required to make arrangements to clear any debts. For example simple multiplications.
- 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English 9-4 (A*- C) or Functional Skills as equivalent
Apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 2
Should any vacancies arise in the Income Collection team then the experience gained during the apprenticeship would be of great benefit to anyone applying for the vacancy as debt recovery experience would be gained.