- Support the whole ICT Team with helpdesk queries & admin duties
- Ensure issues are resolved within agreed service level targets and log third-party support calls
- Support the testing of new development and applications enhancements
- Promote smarter ways of working across the organisation
- Maintain the hardware and software inventory to track all ICT assets
- Deliver consistently outstanding customer service ensuring that our customer’s satisfaction levels remain high
- Liaise with business users to determine department specific issues and support with smarter ways of working
- Provide assistance/cover for other members of the ICT team as required
- Assist with set up and usage of ICT hardware including laptops, terminals, telephones and mobile devices
- Provide support and guidance on how to use technology provided to our staff
- Provide ICT MOT sessions for staff to support their learning
- Comply with the Group’s health, safety and welfare policy and contribute to good health and safety practice
Security and Data Protection:
- Set up new users and administrate user permissions and security
- Assistance to ensure compliance with all Internal Audit recommendations
- Ensure that backup routines are carried out as scheduled
- Administer and maintain the Software licence register, to ensure compliance
What is an IT Apprentice?
A job in IT can be very rewarding. Not only are you learning the systems of growing and developing technology, you are helping others upgrade and maintain software. You are often the first person of contact when an IT problem is occurring which will mean you are an important and relied upon member of the team.
IT based job roles can be an excellent start to a successful career and will also help you to be knowledegable regarding software in the future.
About Your Employer:
Staffordshire Housing Group is a registered social landlord. They manage over 3000 properties throughout North Staffordshire with their customers at the heart of the business.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Understand how to deliver excellent customer service
- Organisation Skills (Able to manage time effectively and prioritise workload accordingly)
- Able to work as part of a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions
- Excellent IT skills are preferred
- A proactive approach to seeking and sharing knowledge
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Awareness of equality and diversity
- Flexible, enthusiastic, ‘can-do’ approach to everyday work
- Open to change and new ideas
- Willingness and desire to take responsibility and use own initiative
- Commitment to own personal professional development
Applying English & Maths To This Role:
IT may require Maths skills from time to time, you could possibly come across ways of storing data and have to read graphs. You will need to be able to speak clearly to other people in order to help them with any technical support.
GCSE Maths and English A*- C (9-4) or Functional Skills as equivalent
Apprenticeship in IT Level 2
An IT consultant role can be quite well paid as you are often a lifeline in helping others with technical issues and your skills can be applied to roles in Graphic Design, Marketing, Admin and more!