This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to progress their career within IT working with a great team for a high-quality menswear firm. You will play an important part behind the scenes ensuring all the important elements of the shop are running smoothly.
Working week: Monday to Friday, 8.30am til 5.00pm
Main duties include:
- Preparing the clothing product for models
- Producing product descriptions online
- Altering prices online
- General website maintenance for the backend supporting the rest of the IT team.
What is an IT Apprentice?
A job in IT can be very rewarding. Not only are you learning the systems of growing and developing technology, you are helping others upgrade and maintain software. You are often the first person of contact when an IT problem is occurring which will mean you are an important and relied upon member of the team.
IT based job roles can be an excellent start to a successful career and will also help you to be knowledegable regarding software in the future.
About Your Employer:
Terraces menswear are a local design wear shop which are based in Stoke on Trent and Trentham.
- Understand how to deliver excellent customer service
- Organisation Skills (Able to manage time effectively and prioritise workload accordingly) check
- Able to work as part of a team check
- Good communication skills check
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions check
- A computer-based ability a good ability to spell and to be confident working in a computer environment
- Proactive approach to seeking and sharing knowledge
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Awareness of equality and diversity
- Flexible, enthusiastic, ‘can-do’ approach to everyday work Open to change and new ideas
- Willingness and desire to take responsibility and use own initiative
- Commitment to own personal professional development
- Good Work Ethic, Passion and the right attitude to work
Applying English & Maths To This Role:
IT may require Maths skills from time to time, you could possibly come across ways of storing data and have to read graphs. You will need to be able to speak clearly to other people in order to help them with any technical support.
Qualifications Required :
GCSE Maths and English 9-4 (A*- C) or Functional Skills as equivalent
Apprenticeship in IT Level 2
There may be a contract available for the right candidate at the end of the apprenticeship.