Are you ready to take your next step onto the career ladder? A Business Administration role can help you build connections and relationships with staff, clients and members of the public. It can also help bring out confidence and is good practice for organising your workload!
This Business Administration Apprentice post offers an exciting opportunity to be part of an extremely busy administrative function.
Key tasks will include:
- Providing general HR administration support
- Dealing with and referring enquires
- Filing and assisting in the support of learning events.
You will also have the opportunity to undertake vocational, job-based study, as part of the Apprenticeship scheme.
You should have a good standard of secondary education including Maths and English. Experience of working as part of team and communicating with a variety of people is essential. yAbility to use e-mail and the Internet are also essential and an awareness of the importance of confidentiality.
What is a Business Administrator?
Being part of Business Administration you are known for your effective organisation, telephone manner and often being trusted by a manager to take care of other administration duties. Quite often, Business Administration members of staff will be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office and be quite creative.
Business Administration can take you into a variety of jobs as you will cover a lot of various skills. You are an important member of the team and will learn how to manage your job to the best of your ability, make a good impression and this job role and you can carry these skills onto a managerial role.
About Your Employer:
Based in Keele, Keele University is one of the most prestigious Universities in the country and is home to students from all over the world, not just in the UK. With over 600 acres of landscaped parkland, fields, woodland and lakes, their campus is known for its beauty and unique surroundings.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Be able to use the internet effectively
- Be confident in writing and sending emails
- Good organisational skills
- Well mannered
- Adhere to Keele Universities high standards
- Be respectful of equality and diversity among the campus
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
- A strong commitment to the principles and practice of equality and diversity
- Take reasonable care of the Health and Safety of yourself and that of any other person who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work
- Thorough understanding and application of the Dignity and Respect Framework
- Co-operate with Keele University in ensuring as far as is necessary, that Statutory Requirements, Codes of Practice, University Policies and School/Departmental health and safety arrangements are complied with
Applying English & Maths To This Role:
You will require English skills for this role, being in a HR role you may be expected to have strong communication and writing skills.
GCSE Maths and English 9-4 (A*- C) or Functional skills as equivalent
Apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 2
A Business Administration role averages at £15,000 per year*. You can take this role through to a variety of departments including Sales and Account Management in your career.
*Statistics gathered from payscale.com
To apply for this role please click here