This is a chance for you to get your foot in the door with Telford & Wrekin Council! Get experience in Administration, Customer Service and improve your knowledge of policies and legislation. Get your career started today in Housing!
This role will require a great level of customer service being able to give advice on housing solutions, through various channels including telephone contact and face to face. You will also be required to write and update housing and support plans.
You will be expected to carry out administrative duties and complete relevant risk assessments. You will be establishing relationships with a variety of people including Senior Housing Solutions Officers, Landlords, Medical Professionals, Clients Families and more.
This role is an exciting and important opportunity, you will be able to gain useful experience that will allow you to develop within the housing profession.
You may be expected to undertake more tasks around this role.
About Your Employer:
Your employer will be Telford & Wrekin Council. As any other Council, Telford & Wrekin provide the community with services such as Welfare, Housing, Public Protection and more.
What is a Housing Apprentice?
Housing is a very important job, you are responsible for a variety of tasks working closely with members of the public and other members of staff to find solutions to problems, provide advice and be a support line for residents.
- To be receptive to new ideas and responsive to change
- To be organised, accurate and flexible within your working environment
- To be able to communicate well with people from a wide range of backgrounds
- To be flexible and adaptable
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written and be able to explain service legislation and policies, decisions effectively to clients.
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workload to achieve personal and team targets.
- As a council employee, you will be supported and expected to demonstrate the Councils Core Behaviours.
- Develop good relationships with others showing respect and leading by example
- Communicate well with others and develop a flexible approach to the working environment
- Have an organised approach to work to achieve targets
- Be able to deliver a high level of customer satisfaction
Applying English & Maths In This Role:
You will need a good level of English to apply for this role, you will need to be able to have good writing skills and have a confident telephone manner.
GCSE Maths and English 9-4 (A*- C) or Functional Skills as equivalent (Preferred)
Apprenticeship in Housing Level 2
With a Housing apprenticeship, you can take your career further into other roles, you will have established good relationships and that will stand you in good stead for any other positions in other companies. You can also use the experience here to possibly find other roles within the Council in the UK.
To apply for this role please click here