We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated individual who has a passion for creativity. You will need to be a team player who has excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Serving customers
- Calculating measurements
- Advising on products
- Cash and till work
- Processing customer orders
- Stock replenishment
- Picking and Packing online orders
- Helping in the preparation of product photography for online marketing
- Helping with social Media
- Helping to keep the shop and staff areas clean and tidy
- Other tasks include helping with stock inventory, handling delivery’s and completing paperwork where required
- All other duties associated with retail environment.
An interest in retail, sewing, knitting, crochet and the products that we sell is advantageous.
Flexibility with working hours/days including evenings and weekends when required.
Applicant must be able to start by the 3rd November at the latest.
What is a Sales and Retail Assistant?
Sales and Retail is an important job, you are a direct representation of the company to a customer. Being in Retail means you learn lots of skills which can be applied to so many jobs! Till training, improved confidence, telephone manner and more. Many employers see Sales and Retail experience as a good thing as it shows you can work effectively to deadlines and hit targets. Being in Sales and Retail also means you are very close to progression opportunities and many people find in Retail, if you make a good impression you can move up the ladder quickly.
30 hours a week on a rota to suit the right candidate between 9.30am – 5pm Monday-Saturday.
Subject to change to suit business requirements.
About Your Employer:
Hollies Haberdashery is a leading fabric and yarn store, who sell products through their bricks and mortar store in Newcastle-under-Lyme and online.
- Understand how to deliver excellent customer service
- Organisation Skills (Able to manage time effectively and prioritise workload accordingly)
- Able to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions
- How to measure and cut accurately
- Proactive approach to seeking and sharing knowledge
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Awareness of equality and diversity
- Flexible, enthusiastic, ‘can-do’ approach to everyday work Open to change and new ideas
- Willingness and desire to take responsibility and use own initiative
- Commitment to own personal professional development
- Good Work Ethic
- Passion and the right attitude to work
5 GCSE’s 9-4 (A-C) or grades as equivalent
Retail Apprenticeship Level 2