Get on board with a career in gardening, if you enjoy being outside and working with your hands this is a great vacancy!
As an Apprentice Gardener, you’ll be part of the Staffs Housing Gardening Team who are a key part of our Property Service Department. The
team carries out ground maintenance duties at our housing schemes across North Staffordshire all year round.
In this role you’ll be working as a team to upkeep our housing schemes across North Staffordshire and will be in direct contact with our customers.
• Maintaining gardens and landscaped grounds, cutting hedges, mowing the lawns, de-weeding and clearing any litter found on site.
• Help the team with horticulture by planting, pruning and seeding.
• Assist with the maintenance and improvement of hard landscapes, making sure to clean machinery, equipment and keep your work areas clean after any works have been completed.
• You will need to do all of this whilst making sure to stay safe at work by sticking to health and safety guidance.
• This is a great opportunity to gain work-experience whilst learning on the job, so you’ll need to complete training when required.
About Your Employer:
Staffs Housing is a leader in providing quality affordable housing to Staffordshire, Cheshire and the surrounding areas, ensuring there are no barriers to home-seekers finding a place they’re proud to call home.
Skills and Personal Attributes Required:
- A willingness to learn and develop, this is an apprenticeship so you’ll get on the job training provided by PM Training, that
will set you up for a career in the gardening field.
- Need to put our customers at the heart of everything you do and put them first.
- You’ll need to work as a team and have a flexible approach to make sure our schemes are well maintained.
Applying English & Maths To This Role:
You may need Maths skills for this job role as you could have to estimate areas
GCSE Maths and English A*- C (9-4) or Functional skills as equivalent
Horticulture Apprenticeship Level 2
With hard work this role could lead to a full-time position or other opportunities within the company