This is an exciting role with the potential of progression and gaining vital skills to progress a career within Fenestration.
Boing Boing Group, part of Central RPL, are looking are looking for enthusiastic and eager young people who are willing to learn a new skill and potential additional processes.
The job role will consist of working in a specific section and you will be asked to complete a range of tasks. Most of the jobs will require a level of technical ability so you will need to be hands on!
Some jobs may be more technical than others but we strive on being able to judge your capability. This is a job that can really help to develop your skills within fabrication and fenestration.
Hours of work are:
7.30am till 4.30pm and early finish Fridays 2.00pm.
You will be entitled to Holidays and treated the same as existing employees including the benefits after a qualifying period.
This role will be situated in the West Bromwich/Birmingham area.
What is a Fabrication Apprentice?
As an Apprentice Fabricator you will learn how to undertake a range of duties including;
- Check the Quality of Products used in the Fabrication of Glass Supporting Systems
- Prepare Equipment / Machinery / Tools for the Fabrication of Glass Supporting Systems
- Locate, Handle and Position Materials or Components in the Fabrication of Glass Supporting Systems
- Maintain Health and Safety within the Fabrication of Glass Supporting Systems Working Environment
- Communicating and Working with Others in the Glass and Related Working Environments
- Cut and join materials for the Fabrication of Glass Supporting Systems
- Apply Coatings or Treatments to Products and Materials Used in the Fabrication of Glass Supporting Systems
- Know How to Accept Delivery of, Handle, Position and Store Glass and Glass Related Products and Materials
- Know How to Carry Out Quality Checks of Glass Related Products and Materials
- Know How to Install Glass Supporting Frames / Systems
- Understanding Health and Safety in the Glass and Glass Related Industry
- Be able to work independently and also in a team
- Pick skills up quickly
- Good mannered
- Good listener
Applying English & Maths To This Role:
You will come accross Maths skills such as measuring when working within this role.
GCSE Maths, English 9-4 (A*- C ) or Functional Skills (or equivalent) preferred
Apprenticeship in Fenestration Level 2
This role could take you into a successful career within fenestration or another trade sector.