A fabrication role is a fantastic chance to pick up the skills to be able to earn vital skills you will be able to take forward with your career. It’s definitely a good choice for someone wanting to work with their hands!
This role consists of:
- Jig refurbishment / Jig maintenance activities / Exhaust system testing & development
- To support the work teams, doing day to day activities
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Jig refurbishment
- Executing a regular program of jig maintenance e.g. cleaning/ repairs/ maintenance/painting etc
- Support to shop floor/office team:
- Paint spraying of jigs, fixtures and samples/prototypes
- Cutting/welding of metal fabrications for jigs & fixtures production
- Putting away of exhaust samples into store area, or collection/delivery to the warehouse
- Tidying around dept & maintaining a clean working area inc. painting and emptying bins
- Moving jigs & equipment using FLT
- Purchase/collection of items off-site, post office etc.
7.00am to 15.00pm Monday to Friday
What is a Fabrication Apprentice?
Fabrication is a discipline which covers a wide range of occupational areas including: Welders, Platers, Sheet Metal Workers and Pipe Fitters. Being a fabrication apprentice means you will be able to train up in a variety of these areas and succeed in your career journey!
About Your Employer:
Klarius Products Ltd is the largest manufacturer of aftermarket emissions equipment in the UK. The business combines in-house R&D, testing, manufacturing, warehousing and distribution facilities to provide market-leading components for a wide range of vehicles of any age.
• Basic metal workshop experience
• Capable of working in a team, as well as unsupervised
• Metal fabrication (saw cutting/machining/turning/milling)
• Paint spraying and use of such equipment
• Welding skills (MIG)
• Ability to use a P.C. and Microsoft office
• Ability to read and understand CAD drawings/specifications
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Willingness to learn
• Positive and enthusiastic
• Motivated with drive to succeed
• Interested in cars & engineering
Applying English & Maths To This Role:
Measuring and communication skills with other team members.
5 GCSE’s inc Maths, English 9-4 (A*- C ) or Functional Skills (or equivalent) preferred
PMO apprenticeship level 2
After 2 or 3 year training period, able to join team and work upto full time position. Further development in the team is possible