This role can be a great stepping stone for someone with an interest in learning about electrics. Learn the ropes and pick up expert skills along the way!
- The main responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Assisting in the installation of a variety of new electrical switchgear as required
- Run/Install a variety of cabling to include HV and LV armoured cable, copper earth tapes and conductors to work instructions
- Recording test results and as fitted drawings
- Carrying out small scale excavations to expose / access cables
- General labouring duties such as disposing of site rubbish and moving materials around the site.
- Any other duties as and when required
8.00am-16.30pm Monday to Friday
About Your Employer:
MPN is a leading provider of high voltage electrical solutions throughout the UK
Set up in 2004 by a group of Ex-DNO engineers, MPN has grown into a leading provider for customer’s electrical needs throughout the country offering services from Consultation work through Network design, installation and maintenance to Fault location and Energy Saving solutions.
What is an Electricians Assistant?
An Electrician’s assistant is someone who will work as a specialist labourer for a qualified electrician. You will work as a team on a range of projects and clients including construction sites, industrial sites etc. You will primarily work under the supervision of a site supervisor or site electrician and be expected to follow their instructions.
- You must have a practical mind
- Be able to read scale drawings
- Good at following detailed instructions
- Good with working at heights, confined spaces and outdoors
- Excellent attention to detail and safety in the workplace
- Be dependable and punctual
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team
- Communication skills are important to completing the project to a high standard
- Have excellent awareness of their surrounding
Applying English and Maths To This Role:
Maths and English skills are essential for this role.
5 GCSE’s including Maths, English 9-4 (A*- C ) or Functional Skills (or equivalent) preferred
Current Valid CSCS or ECS Card
Full driving licence (ideally c/w towing)
This role can open up many future prospects and give you a foot-in-the-door to a fantastic job role.