Customer Service is a great stepping stone into a successful job. You will be a trusted member of staff and are picking up skills that can be applied into a variety of different job roles.
You will be working in a small team and your role will be varied and could include anything from general trade counter work to administration, warehousing and stock control management.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing excellent customer service, building a rapport with customers, understanding their requirements and ensuring the correct products are supplied.
- Processing all orders, payments, and quotations in a timely manner.
- Always looking for opportunities to enhance sales and the customer experience through continuous improvement.
- Maintaining a clean, tidy and well-merchandised counter area in line with company standards.
- Receiving and booking in deliveries, highlighting any anomalies and ensuring correct, secure and timely storage of all deliveries.
- Ensuring that the warehouse is always kept clean and tidy, that stock is clearly identifiable and that low stock levels are highlighted to the Manager.
- Liaising with suppliers and placing orders where necessary.
- Completing general administration duties including answering the telephone.
- Performing any other duties as may be deemed necessary or as may be required.
The Trade Counter is open from 7.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday, 7.30 to 4.30pm Fridays and 8.00 to 12:00 Saturday.
Working hours will generally be from 8.00am to 4.00pm Monday to Friday with the ability to be flexible within the opening hours when required.
What is a Customer Service apprentice?
Customer Service apprentices have an important job representing a company first hand, they have to be well presented and approachable. Being a Customer Service apprentice, you could be in a shop serving customers or even behind closed doors answering important phone calls. People will often come to you for help so you need to make sure you are confident, polite and have an interest in what you are talking about. You will usually be part of a team and expected to report to a manager. Being a Customer Service apprentice is a very important job and there is lots of room for progression!
About Your Employer:
Heat Source Products are an independent Plumbing and Heating Merchant based in Fenton, Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire.
- Confident and outgoing with an interest in Plumbing and Heating sales and customer service.
- Desire to succeed
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
- Friendly and dependable.
Applying English & Maths To This Role:
You may require an element of English and Maths skills in this role, this will link with tasks such as date inputting and providing quotes to customers.
GCSE Maths and English 9-4 (A*- C) is preferred but not essential.
Apprenticeship in Customer Service Level 2
There are lots of great prospects with this type of role and you can step into a well paid career path!