Covering a range of duties including;
Sports Receptionist, SPAR Sales Assistant, Hospitality and Catering Assistant, Customer Service Worker
(10-12 week placement in each department after induction).
You will receive the following training during induction;
– Training in the YMCA’s policies and procedures relating to safeguarding, equality and diversity, professional boundaries and health and safety.
– Gain knowledge of all areas of the YMCA’s work, regardless of team/department so that all enquiries and queries receive an effective response.
– Meet manager and team responsible for placement areas and gain basic understanding of the role of an apprentice in that department
You will receive full training and support to be able to undertake the following placement and general requirements and activities;
– Administrative and Database Duties
– Answer incoming telephone calls in a professional manner, respond to requests for information and direct to correct departments
– Responsible for the accurate input of data onto the organisation’s various database systems and to run reports as requested
– Responsible for the receipt and distribution of incoming and outgoing mail including the use of tracked/recorded services
– Complete IT based tasks including use of word, excel, e-mails etc
– Assist in the booking of rooms and the company’s minibuses and complete associated paperwork.
– A clean, welcoming environment where customers receive a high standard of customer care
– Ensure all communal areas are kept clean and tidy and to a high standard.
– Ensure up to date information is displayed in communal areas (information boards etc).
– Offer a high level of customer service by interacting with residents, visitors and members of the public in a friendly and welcoming manner, ensuring that a positive image of the company is portrayed at all times.
– Respond quickly and effectively to any complaints from customers or staff and feedback any relevant issues to management as necessary.
– A Safe, Compliant Site, Security of Building, Equipment, Staff and Customers
– Responsible for the security of the building, customers and visitors to ensure peaceful and safe occupation. This includes all areas, both inside and out, including Grace Crescent, the Activity Centre and the SPAR store.
– When collecting money (e.g. in store, in the activity centre, overnight stays, minibus hire, room hire, internet payments) ensure this is recorded appropriately and stored securely.
– Undertake regular floor checks and ensure all customers behave responsibly so that all benefit from a peaceful environment.
– Comply with all procedures, regulations and laws with regard to age related products.
– Monitor staff who are lone working.
– Ensure safe and approved methods and systems are adhered to (e.g. locations of first aid boxes, accident book, fire evacuation procedures)
– Other areas of responsibilities
– Attend meetings, briefings, and complete training sessions as requested to fulfil your role.
– Demonstrate good working relationships and respect for colleagues.
– Maintain an effective system of communication between all teams.
– Show willingness to deputise or support colleagues when required.
– Ability to maintain an acceptable work rate and complete duties in a timely way.
– Acceptable standard of personal appearance.
– Acceptable records of time keeping and attendance.
– Undertake such other duties as may be reasonably requested.
Hours of work;
Shift work 5-days from 7 per week (Hours between, 8am-8pm, 8am-9pm or 8am-10pm depending on the department)
GCSE Maths and English A*- C or Functional Skills or equivalent are preferred
Customer Service Level 2