Do you want a job which allows you to work with your hands and has great career opportunities? This job could be perfect for you!
To perform various and assorted machining operations within the machining area including but not exclusive to; die manufacturing, proof and finish machining, milling, drilling, starter bars and bar ends, cutting and trepanning.
- Maintain product traceability throughout all processes.
- Work in a safe manner as not to harm themselves or others in accordance with the Health and safety at work act 1974 and in line with section 4.3 of Copper Alloys Ltd H&S policy.
- Working in a timely manner to complete tasks to the relevant standards set out in the company’s standard operating procedures.
- Ensure dies are made and available for the continuous casting process, with a minimum of three dies, bar ends and starter bars being available at any time.
- Graphite crucible are available for the production jobs planned.
- Machines are running at optimal levels over break periods.
- Operating parameters are set to complete work correctly and in a timely manner.
- Maintaining a high standard of housekeeping in your area of responsibility.
- Consumables are stored in a safe manner.
- All items used are stored in a safe manner as to avoid damage; machine tooling, graphite rods and blanks, Vernier’s and micrometres, bar ends, starter bars, coolers etc.
- Keep the area tidy and free of obstruction surrounding the machining and cutting equipment
- Consumables are reorder in a timely fashion and that the supervisor made aware of damages or low running stock.
- All items used in the machining process; machining tools/tool tips, drills/drill tips, graphite rods, graphite crucibles, starter bars, bar ends etc
- Perform general maintenance of the machining equipment.
- Clean the preheat oven weekly.
- Clean the CNC and conventional lathe regularly both inside and out.
- Empty the graphite extraction unit at least fortnightly.
- Clean the graphite saw after every use
8.00am till 4.00pm
Monday till Thursday
8.00am till 12.00pm
About Your Employer:
Copper Alloys Ltd excels at precisely controlling complex processes to manage risk effectively out of the equation, specifically benefiting customers who require complex turnkey built-to-print components to be delivered right and on time.
Applying English and Maths to this role:
You will come across written instructions, works procedures and measuring
5 GCSE’s inc Maths & English 9-4 (A*- C ) or Functional Skills (or equivalent) preferred
Level 2 Apprenticeship in CNC Engineering