Engineering and Calibration is a great career path, often well paid, you will be expected to design, build or test! You will be knowledgeable about PAT testing equipment and be an expert in health and safety around this field of work.
- To calibrate test and measurement equipment
- To assist in the calibration of test equipment within given timescales and deadlines.
- You must be able to organise and prioritise work and ensure a fast and efficient throughput
of customer’s equipment.
- To assist in on-site calibration services when required. To be willing to travel
- To liase with customers on technical issues relating to test equipment.
- To be responsible for all associated spares and accessories required for the job. To maintain and develop excellent product knowledge.
- To accept deliveries and prepare goods for shipping as required.
- To undertake all relevant training as required.
- To undertake collections and deliveries where and when required
- To utilise all associated computer systems in the provision of the service, inc. Word,Excel, & ACT2000 etc
- To work as part of a team and to also show initiative and flexibility when required.
- Working outside of normal working hours will be required on occasion.
- To be professional at all times, through dress and behaviour, etc.
- To comply with all company policies and procedures and maintain confidentiality at all
- To be responsible for all equipment and tools allocated to this position.
- Must adhere to health and safety requirements and wear personal protective equipment
- To provide any other duties associated with the post.
What is a Calibration Technician?
Calibration technicians maintain, test and repair a variety of instrumentation and equipment. Their main role is to ensure that instruments, testing devices and gauges have been calibrated properly.
About Your Employer:
ACT Meters 2U was founded in 2001 as an independent company specialising in test & measurement equipment. They are a true one-stop shop for test meters covering everything from electrical (HV and LV), temperature, pressure, gas, environmental and much more.
- Must be able to demonstrate suitable skills in the use of tools and equipment.
- Must be IT literate and have good keyboard skills (ability to type in upper and lower case essential.)
- Must be able to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Must have a confident and outgoing personality be able to work under own supervision to challenging deadlines.
- Must have no criminal convictions, cautions or otherwise and be CRB clear.
Applying English & Maths In This Role:
Maths skills are advised with this role as you will need to read electrical equipment.
- GCSE Maths and English 9-4 (A*- C) or Functional Skills as equivalent
- Electrical experience preferred.
- Knowledge of test & measurement equipment is desired.
- A good standard of education is required including experience in the use of information technology and in particular Microsoft Office.
NVQ Extended Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Engineers create and build, these are such vital skills in the industry and can lead you onto big career prospects! Engineers can be expected to be paid a good wage which often goes up with experience. In this job, you must demonstrate potential and willingness to grow with the business and take on more senior positions in due course.