Do you have an interest in both business and customer service? This could be the perfect for you, especially with the chance of a full- time role after your apprenticeship!
- Provide assistance with general administrative tasks to support members of the team and contribute to the smooth operation of the office
• Answer telephone calls, referring queries to appropriate members of staff
• To book and arrange hospitality refreshments and/or catering as required
• To assist in the preparation of letters and flyers to advertise events, welcome packs, name badges, registration procedures, etc.
• To carry out general routine administrative tasks such as photocopying, filing, confidential typing, typing of letters, mailshots and distributing large volumes of outgoing post
• Assist with record keeping and basic data entry
• Make simple arrangements such as organising equipment and making bookings for events and meetings, according to standard operating procedures
• To undertake training as required
• To be professional at all times, through dress and behaviour, etc
• To comply with all company policies and procedures and maintain confidentiality at all times
• To provide any other duties associated with the post
9.00am till 5.00pm
Monday till Friday
About Your Employer:
Foresters Friendly Society offers a variety of affordable mid to long-term savings plans and investments suitable for the whole family. Being a mutual society means we have no shareholders, so all our profits are shared amongst our policyholders, which we call members, through our bonus scheme and benefits package.
What is a Business/Customer Service Apprentice?
Being part of business administration you are known for your effective organisation, telephone manner and often being trusted by a manager to take care of other administrative duties. Quite often, business administration members of staff will be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office and be quite creative. Customer Service all means you will have the chance of forming close customer-based relationships with your clients/customers. You will be an expert in your field and learn how to be professional via email and telephone.
- Must be able to demonstrate good verbal, numeracy and literacy skills, including good telephone manner, letter and report writing, etc.
- Must possess good keyboard skills
- A willingness to learn and to develop
- Social media skills and on-line/web chat skills
- Must be able to work under own initiative and have a confident and outgoing personality
- Must be enthusiastic and driven to succeed
- Must be a team player
- Good telephone matter
- Work as a team
Applying English and Maths to this role:
You will come experience English in this role through Letter writing and some proofreading.
5 GCSE’s inc Maths & English 9-4 (A*- C ) or Functional Skills (or equivalent) preferred
Level 2 apprenticeship in business administration
There is an opportunity for you to progress within the company in an office or field-based role.