Have you got a passion for beauty? Looking to develop your career in Business or Marketing? This is a fantastic opportunity to gain first-hand experience in a salon environment with great future prospects!
The Beauty Lounge are looking for a Business Administration Assistant who can:
- Work closely with the business owner when she is out of the office
- Answer telephone calls professionally and confidently
- Book clients in for appointments
- Answer business emails
- Help keep the salon clean and tidy
- Be confident when updating social media
- Show an interest in beauty services and be willing to learn if needed
- Show an interest in marketing
- Attend meetings and show input
What is a Business Administrator?
Being part of Business Administration you are known for your effective organisation, telephone manner and often being trusted by a manager to take care of other administrative duties. Quite often, Business Administration members of staff will be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office and be quite creative.
Business Administration can take you into a variety of jobs as you will cover a lot of various skills. You are an important member of the team and will learn how to manage your job to the best of your ability, make a good impression and this job role and you can carry these skills onto a managerial role.
About Your Employer:
The Beauty Lounge is a modern beauty salon with an extensive range of professional beauty treatments. The salon is based in the centre of Hanley, right next to the bus station.
Tuesday to Saturday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Days off: Tuesday & Saturday
*Driving License preferred but not essential*
- Understand how to deliver excellent customer service
- Organisational skills (able to manage time effectively and prioritise workload accordingly)
- Able to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Ability to understand and carry our instructions
- Good time keeping
- Work independently if you need to
- Knowledge of Social Media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram
- A pro-active approach to seeking and sharing knowledge
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Awareness of equality and diversity
- Flexible, enthusiastic, ‘can-do’ approach to everyday work open to change and new ideas
- Willingness and desire to take responsibility and use own initiative
- Commitment to own personal professional development
Applying English & Maths To This Role:
You will require strong English skills as you may be asked to write proposals and business emails.
GCSE Maths and English 9-4 (A*- C) or Functional skills as equivalent
Apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 2
There are some fantastic prospects available at the Beauty Lounge, the manager is looking for someone who can potentially follow onto work full time and even have the opportunity of looking after the needs of the staff in other salons. Not only this, you may even be asked to take on training for beauty practices!