Business administration can be a fantastic role to branch into. You will learn many aspects of an office-based role that can take you through to a variety of jobs including, sales, marketing and more.
The main function of this job role will be: Facilitating office organisation and communication by performing administrative duties and acting as a receptionist.
- Providing office support
- Keeping well-organised files and records of business activity
- Researching company data and archived reports
- Keeping computer databases up to date (staff training and recording)
- Using spreadsheets (maintenance records)
- Interacting with clients either on the phone or in person
- Answering phones and connecting calls to the proper department (Filtering unwanted calls)
- Taking phone messages and passing them on
- Collecting and inputting company data (Transcribing engineers reports)
- Making accommodation arrangements for employees
- Learning about the company’s available products/services
- Sending emails (Internally and externally)
- Preparing documents by printing, copying, and binding
- Writing and editing company correspondence
- Collecting and sorting post
- Ordering office stationery and other supplies
- Preparing meeting rooms by setting up chairs and getting refreshments
- Participating in office meetings (Note/minute taking)
- Specific duties to assist in ISO9001/14001 quality compliance, portable appliance testing records, fire alarm testing and recording, scheduling/planning maintenance.
- Being ready for any other administrative tasks that are required
9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday
About Your Employer:
MPN is a leading provider of high voltage electrical solutions throughout the UK
Set up in 2004 by a group of Ex-DNO engineers, MPN has grown into a leading provider for customer’s electrical needs throughout the country offering services from Consultation work through Network design, installation and maintenance to Fault location and Energy Saving solutions.
What is a Business Administrator?
Being part of business administration you are known for your effective organisation, telephone manner and often being trusted by a manager to take care of other administrative duties. Quite often, business administration members of staff will be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office and be quite creative.
Business administration can take you into a variety of jobs as you will cover a lot of various skills. You are an important member of the team and will learn how to manage your job to the best of your ability, make a good impression and this job role and you can carry these skills onto a managerial role.
- IT competency including Word, Excel, Outlook etc
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good organisational skills
- Able to show initiative and work positively under pressure
- Committed to working as part of a team and independently
- Very Good telephone manner
Applying English and Maths To This Role:
Maths and English skills are essential for the completion of daily tasks to ensure the quality of communications is of a high standard.
5 GCSE’s including Maths, English 9-4 (A*- C ) or Functional Skills (or equivalent) preferred
Level 2 apprenticeship in business administration
Business administration can be a fantastic stepping stone for a strong career in an office role. Whether that be a sales role, marketing, business etc. This role will allow you to progress and have a step ahead in your career path!