Are you ready to take your next step onto the career ladder? A Business Administration role can help you build connections and relationships with staff, clients and members of the public. It can also help bring out confidence and is good practice for organising your workload!
Your role will be to support the work of the Apprenticeships Team at the University which will involve varied tasks including using a Customer Relationship Management System, supporting events and providing administrative support. To undertake a variety of developmental work tasks related to the workstreams of the team.
Other duties include:
- Provide assistance with general administrative tasks to support members of the team and contribute to the efficient operation of the office.
- To book and arrange hospitality refreshments and/or catering as required
- To provide additional administrative/reception support for large meetings/events and to assist in the preparation of materials for events, including registration procedures, etc.
- To carry out administrative tasks such as photocopying, filing, confidential audio/copy typing, typing of letters
- Answer telephone calls and face to face enquiries as appropriate, referring queries to the relevant members of staff.
- Assist with record keeping and basic data entry including maintaining Customer Relationship Management System Records and the maintenance of Apprenticeship Records.
- Take reasonable care of the Health and Safety of yourself and that of any other person who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.
What is a Business Administrator?
Being part of Business Administration you are known for your effective organisation, telephone manner and often being trusted by a manager to take care of other administration duties. Quite often, Business Administration members of staff will be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office and be quite creative.
Business Administration can take you into a variety of jobs as you will cover a lot of various skills. You are an important member of the team and will learn how to manage your job to the best of your ability, make a good impression and this job role and you can carry these skills onto a managerial role.
About Your Employer:
Based in Keele, Keele University is one of the most prestigious Universities in the country and is home to students from all over the world, not just in the UK. With over 600 acres of landscaped parkland, fields, woodland and lakes, their campus is known for its beauty and unique surroundings.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Be able to use the internet effectively
- Be confident in writing and sending emails
- Good organisational skills
- Well mannered
- Adhere to Keele Universities high standards
- Be respectful of equality and diversity among the campus
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
- A strong commitment to the principles and practice of equality and diversity
- Take reasonable care of the Health and Safety of yourself and that of any other person who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work
- Thorough understanding and application of the Dignity and Respect Framework
- Adhere to the University’s environmental policy and procedures and seek to promote environmental sustainability within area of responsibility.
Applying English & Maths To This Role:
You will require English skills for this role and may need to type out enqurieis and emails.
GCSE Maths and English A*- C (9-4) or Functional skills as equivalent
Apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 2
A Business Administration role averages at £15,000 per year*. You can take this role through to a variety of departments including Sales and Account Management in your career.
*Statistics gathered from payscale.com
To apply for this role please click here