Business administration can be a fantastic role to branch into. You will learn many aspects of an office-based role that can take you through to a variety of jobs including, sales, marketing and more.
Administrative duties relating to all aspects of internal and external communications including:
- Desktop publishing
- Creation and update of spreadsheets
- Word processing including mailmerge
- Producing newsletters
- Taking minutes
- Reception duties
- Assisting with administration and setup for parents evenings, open and presentation evenings
- Use of administration systems to update information. Eg. SIMS, Schoolcomms
- Communication with internal and external stakeholders via telephone/email/letter
- Any other administrative duties commensurate with the post.
08.00am- 15.30pm Fri
About Your Employer:
Trentham Academy is part of the City Learning Trust which is part of a Multi Academy Trust consisting of 2 high schools, 1 6th form and 2 primary schools in Stoke-on-Trent. The Academy is based in Stoke-on-Trent.
What is a Business Administrator?
Being part of business administration you are known for your effective organisation, telephone manner and often being trusted by a manager to take care of other administrative duties. Quite often, business administration members of staff will be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office and be quite creative.
Business administration can take you into a variety of jobs as you will cover a lot of various skills. You are an important member of the team and will learn how to manage your job to the best of your ability, make a good impression and this job role and you can carry these skills onto a managerial role.
- Experience of work where inter-personal skills and communications are key accountabilities
- High level of IT competency including Word, Excel, Outlook, Desktop publishing
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good organisational skills
- Able to show initiative and work positively under pressure
- Committed to working as part of a team and supporting the ethos of the school
- Good telephone manner
Applying English and Maths To This Role:
Maths and English skills are essential for the completion of daily tasks to ensure the quality of communications is of a high standard.
5 GCSE’s including Maths, English 9-4 (A*- C ) or Functional Skills (or equivalent) preferred
Level 2 apprenticeship in business administration
We would be looking to extend employment after the initial 12 months if appropriate either at this academy or at another site within the multi academy trust.