A building apprentice is a perfect opportunity for you to learn all the elements of the building trade! Learn from the professionals!
- The role will entail you shadowing your employer for some time and practising whilst being supervised in order to learn.
- Initially, it will involve tasks such as using the mixer, cleaning, pointing, building blockwork and so on.
- Once you are comfortable with the basics you will move onto tasks such as setting out, building with facing brick and stone, learning to read and analyse building plans, gain learning and understanding in regards to building regulations. You will start to gain experience in groundworks, roofing and all types of stonework such as coursed, dry and random.
- There will be an opportunity for you to acquire basic skills in joinery too (as with building, inevitably comes some joinery).
- We expect the apprentice to be in work if not at college.
About Your Employer:
Your employer will be Adam Burtonshaw.
Skills and Personal Attributes Required:
- High attention to detail
- Client friendly/approachable/clear
- Confident without arrogance
- Trustworthy – we respect the courage to own up to errors, issues etc rather than lie or hide those
- Healthy and fit
- Able and eager to learn and retain information
- Ideally drives or looking to pass their test soon
- Able to multitask
GCSE Maths and English A*- C (9-4) or Functional skills as equivalent
The ideal candidate would need to have the attitude to progress with the company. In an ideal scenario, with due time the apprentice will have developed to a stage where he/she can be trusted to work on different sites building different work requirements to a high standard.
We have ample opportunity for progression within the business.