This opportunity provides you with learning a variety of skills in a busy environment. Great for someone who is after a really hands-on apprenticeship!
Your duties will include the repair of industrial sieves; full training to develop the skills required for the varied tasks that this involves will be provided. With your own unique responsibilities, you will be integral to a small team by providing your colleagues with a timely supply of high-quality work and materials.
- Frame preparation (strip/basil/blast or wash/dry) – only when booked in
- Cut and label mesh for re-meshing, and complete forms (roll ticket/cutting-off sheet/job sheet)
- Help fulfil online orders
- Maintain sand/blasting room
- Maintain scrap room
- Help with bonding and trimming as and when requested only
- Morning meeting to discuss requirements for the day
- Cut all mesh on clip and label (SF no./roll no./customer name/size of mesh)
- Prepare frames, ideally leaving time at end of the day to cut mesh for the following morning.
- Prioritise frame preparation:
- needed today (including ET frames and mesh by 2 pm)
The working week is:
Monday to Friday, 38 hours per week.
About the Employer:
Robinson Wire Cloth Ltd. is a small, friendly and busy firm located in Stoke on Trent.
What is an Apprentice Workshop Operative:
A workshop operative often has a varied role in helping and assisting things such as the loading and unloading of vehicles, putting stock away and working with colleagues to ensure that the workshop runs efficiently.
- Employment experience in a workshop environment
- Experience using a range of power and hand tools.
- Competence in numeracy and literacy is essential
- Full UK driving license would be useful.
- Well organised
- An eye for detail
- Takes pride in their job and enjoys physically demanding work.
- Excellent communication and team working skills are essential.
Applying English & Maths To This Role:
You may come across both Maths and English skills in this role.
GCSE Maths, English 9-4 (A*- C ) or Functional Skills (or equivalent) preferred
Apprenticeship: PMO Level 2
This role can help you develop a career in a variety of roles as it’s multi-skilled.