The aim of this apprentiship is for you to become a fully trained machinist at the end of the 2 years operating one of our machines.
There are currently many changing streams of business within our department. There is Showerwall production which you will work within the team to produce 2000 panels per week.
Running along side Showerwall is our Point of Sale (POS). POS is varied and all for internal use so delivering the product Right First Time in Full (RTIF) is paramount.
Working on an individual basis or within the team you will be required to have a flexible approach to tasks assigned and the ability to transition from one job to another.
-Monday-Friday 08.00 – 16.30
- Attention to detail
- Hand eye co-ordination
- Ability to use a range of tools.
- Communication with senior machinists, supervisors and Managers.
- Proactive approach to seeking and sharing knowledge
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Awareness of equality and diversity
- Flexible, enthusiastic, ‘can-do’ approach to everyday work
- Open to change and new ideas
- Willingness and desire to take responsibility and use own initiative
- Commitment to own personal professional development
- Other; Good Work Ethic, Passion and right attitude to work
– GCSE Maths and English A*- C or Functional Skills or equivalent; Preferred
CSkills Awards L2 NVQ Diploma in Wood Machining (Construction/Sawmilling Extrusion)
*Please note that all applicants will need to successfully complete a work trial before being signed up on to the apprenticeship programme