Warehousing can be a fantastic career which can allow you to progress quickly, the days certainly go fast and you are always busy.
- Safe operation of forklift truck.
- Accurately picking and assembling loads
- Picking and supplying stock to production
- Involvement in cycle counts and stock takes
- Participate in CI and 5s programmes and initiatives
- Understanding of warehouse daily activities and procedures
- H&S awareness
- Use of SAP System
What is a Warehouse Operative?
Being a Warehouse Operative is a very busy job! If you like a fast-paced job which makes the day go fast then this is certainly the job for you! Main duties often include, putting away deliveries, packing goods and collecting goods from suppliers. Good communication and working in a team are crucial for this type of role, a good perk is that often warehouse work is in shifts so you may find you can work at different times!
About Your Employer:
FUCHS is a global Group with German roots that has developed, produced and sold industrial lubricants and related specialties for more than 85 years.
- Interest in working in a fast paced warehouse environment
- Computer literate
- Quality focused
- Impeccable attention detail
- Good timekeeping and reliability
- Flexible work attitude
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Good communication skills and the ability to work as a team and with a wide number of people and departments
- Team player
Applying English & Maths To This Role:
For this role, you may need Maths skills in order to count and pick stock.
GCSE Maths, English 9-4 (A*- C ) or Functional Skills (or equivalent) preferred
Apprenticeship in Warehousing Level 2
Fuchs is a fantastic company to work for and they also have other apprentices working for them. It’s a great place to progress.