Warehousing can be a fantastic career which can allow you to progress quickly, the days certainly go fast and you are always busy.
- Day to day management of the warehouse
- Stock management and recording
- Picking, packing and loading of goods
- Management of goods inwards/goods outwards
- General housekeeping of the warehouse
- Booking in of goods with our customers
What is a Warehouse Operative?
Being a Warehouse Operative is a very busy job! If you like a fast-paced job which makes the day go fast then this is certainly the job for you! Main duties often include putting away deliveries, packing goods and collecting goods from suppliers. Good communication and working in a team are crucial for this type of role, a good perk is that often warehouse work is in shifts so you may find you can work at different times!
About Your Employer:
We are a small but fast-growing company, supplying fragrance and cosmetic products to the retail industry world wide. We are based in Cheadle Staffordshire.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to work on their own initiative.
- Able to receive and carry out instructions.
- Good standard of education in Maths and IT
- Must be able to count
- Be polite and able to talk to customers on the telephone
- Able to communicate effectively
Applying English & Maths To This Role:
- Calculating pallet quantities
- Stock control
- E-mail correspondence
5 GCSE Maths, English 9-4 (A*- C ) or Functional Skills (or equivalent) preferred
Apprenticeship in Warehousing Level 2
The right candidate would be given the opportunity to move into trading with suppliers/customers buying and selling