- Provide a positive welcome and reception services to all centre visitors
- Maintaining a tidy work area and ensure the centre is fit for visitors at all times.
- Input data to a database relating to course bookings
- Photocopying / scanning course records
- Training rooms set up for courses
- Maintaining/replenishing refreshments during courses
- Professionally manage calls helping with queries or passing to a colleague where appropriate
What is a Receptionist?
Receptionists have an important job representing a company first hand, they have to be well presented and approachable. Being a Receptionist you could be answering important phone calls or dealing with incoming queries. People will often come to you for help so you need to make sure you are confident, polite and have an interest in what you are talking about. Being a Receptionist is a very important job and you will get to know many members of your organisation.
About Your Employer:
Rebus is an approved training centre, primarily working with electrical contractors and apprentice electricians. The company was set up 2010 has grown consistently during this time, they are now the best and largest provider of advanced electrical apprenticeships in the Stoke-on-Trent area.
- Good standard of written English
- Ability to use own initiative
- Understand how to deliver excellent customer service
- Organisation Skills (be able to manage time effectively and prioritise workload accordingly)
- Able to work independently and part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Proactive approach to seeking and sharing knowledge
- Awareness of equality and diversity
- Flexible, enthusiastic, ‘can-do’ approach to everyday work, open to change and new ideas
- Willingness and desire to take responsibility and use own initiative
- Commitment to own personal professional development
Applying English And Maths To This Role:
You will need good use of English in this role, you will need to read and respond to emails whilst communicating to customers on a daily basis this will be one of your main tasks.
GCSE Maths and English A*- C (9-4) or Functional Skills as equivalent
Apprenticeship in Customer Service Apprenticeship Level 2
Customer Service and Reception work look great on your CV and it shows you are a confident person who is comfortable working with clients, customers and in a business environment. You can take this role further and manage client accounts and relationships.