- Property management is predominantly an office-based job, where you will be communicating and liaising with leaseholders, landlords and tenants.
- Support the team in days to day administration duties including answering phones, administering correspondence, dealing with day to day enquiries
- Working with the PRS team in the management of several hundreds of properties and provide support in offering services for the clients. These include arranging contractors in regards to property maintenance, property inspections, and negotiating renewals.
- Assist the Property Managers in the management and maintenance of leasehold blocks and associated communal areas.
- Support the accounting and finance services including raising invoices, processing payments and service charge administration.
- In addition to general administration duties you may be required to assist with special project assignments.
- You will be required to observe, deliver, continually promote and act in accordance with Hera’s policies and procedures at all times.
- You will also be required to carry out all duties in accordance with legal requirements specifically but not limited to the Data Protection Act and the Health & Safety at Work Act. Ensure compliance with Hera’s policies, procedures, constitution, and financial regulations. Ensure compliance with regulatory and statutory bodies as well as with best practice principles.
What is a Business Administrator?
Being part of Business Administration you are known for your effective organisation, telephone manner and often being trusted by a manager to take care of other administration duties. Quite often, Business Administration members of staff will be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office and be quite creative.
Business Administration can take you into a variety of jobs as you will cover a lot of various skills. You are an important member of the team and will learn how to manage your job to the best of your ability, make a good impression and this job role and you can carry these skills onto a managerial role.
About Your Employer:
Swan Housing operate in Essex and East London and locally manage over 11,000 homes, with plans in place to deliver over 1,000 new homes as part of an ambitious three year strategy.
- Ability to work under pressure and to work in/within a team.
- Good organisational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Expert communicator capable of effectively managing conflict and solving problems.
- Ability to multi-task by employing effective time management strategies.
- Be well presented and communicate with internal and external customers in a professional and friendly manner.
- Confidence, enthusiasm and strong dedication to the job and company.
- Ability to work under pressure, whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to work using own initiative whilst maintaining adherence to company policy and goals
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Proactive approach to seeking and sharing knowledge
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Awareness of equality and diversity
- Flexible, enthusiastic, ‘can-do’ approach to everyday work
- Open to change and new ideas
- Willingness and desire to take responsibility and use own initiative
- Commitment to own personal professional development
Applying English and Maths Skills In This Role:
You will be writing letters and emails to clients communicating on the phone. You will also be using spreadsheets with calculations for payments and rent.
5 GCSEs grade A-E (9-2) including Maths and English (proof required) or equivalent
Apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 2
Property Administration allows you to get involved in the Housing Sector. Being in part of this type of sector can open a wide range of jobs including working as a Neighbourhood Coordinator, Asset Management, Fiance and more.