There are 10 apprenticeship vacancies for this position
During a 12 month training programme the employees will be trained and gain experience in the set up and operation of all machinery including the following:
- Counterbalance forklift/licence operation
- C1 and 5s programme initiatives
- Understanding of the plant maintenance
- Operating Siemans PCS7Automated Production System
- Operation and set up of filling machines
- Use of SAP systems
Job Hours: (Shifts)
Alternate over Weeks
What is a Production Operative? (PMO)
A Production Operative is a varied job role which is normally known for being manual. This role can vary from making things through to managing heavy moving equipment such as forklift trucks. Production Operative jobs can be found in production and manufacturing plants through to small businesses who may produce and build products. This role is good for people who like working in busy environments and who like working as part of a team. Production Operatives can gain a rewarding wage!
About Your Employer:
FUCHS is a global Group with German roots that has developed, produced and sold industrial lubricants and related specialities for more than 85 years.
The skills required will relate mainly to the job role.
- Willing to learn
- Interest in working in a fast paced, automated manufacturing and production plant
- Computer/IT literate
- Quality focused
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Good time keeping and reliability
- Good communication skills and ability to work as a team and with a wide number of people and departments
- Flexible working attitude
- Willingness to learn
Applying English & Maths To This Role:
You may require both English and Maths in this role being able to understand the fundamentals of the company and your job role as a Production Operative.
GCSE Maths and English A*- C or Functional Skills as equivalent (preferred)
Apprenticeship in Manufacturing (PMO) Level 2
This position has a total of 10 vacancies which means there could be potential to progress within the company or take the experience onto a higher level upon completion of your apprenticeship.