Are you interested in becoming a painter and decorator? Do you have a keen eye for detail? Do you want to learn from qualified individuals who work within this sector and gain in the work place experience?
Painter and decorator apprentice Working for Serco Local Government and Commercial Facilities department.
Interaction with Facilities Manager and staff, residents & some day’s general public.
Day-to-day tasks may include:
• Measuring surface areas and working out how much paint or wall covering is needed
• Preparing the materials you need
• Stripping off old wallpaper or layers of paint
• Filling holes and cracks and making sure surfaces are level
• Covering surfaces with primer and undercoat
• Applying coats of paint, hanging wallpaper.
• Tidying up after finishing, and cleaning your tools
• Attend in house training
• The painting & decorating apprentice will work alongside a qualified painter & Decorator & on their own
• Practical skills and a high level of attention to detail
• Number skills to be able to work out surface areas and quantities
• The ability to follow job instructions
• The ability to work unsupervised.
• Ability to self-motivate.
• Good communicational skills
• Good time keeping
• Good eye for detail
• Be able to work as a team and self motivate
GCSE Maths and English A*- C or Functional Skills or equivalent; Preferred
Painting and Decorating 2