Following an initial 2 week work experience placement successful applicants will be working with the local branch team on a variety of painting and decorating contracts. These include work for social housing clients, local authority clients, healthcare and education as well as more specialist projects.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Stripping off old wallpaper or paint
- Filling holes and cracks and making sure surfaces are level
- Preparing surfaces with primer and undercoat
- Mixing paint to the right shade, either by hand or using computerised colour-matching equipment
- Applying layers of paint and hanging wallpaper
- Tidying up after finishing a job.
- On some jobs you might apply specialist finishes such as rag rolling, graining and marbling. You will often work from ladders or raised platforms to reach ceilings.
- If you’ve got good concentration levels and want a practical job, this job could suit you well.
- To be good at this job you should also be able to pay close attention to detail. You should have good hand-to-eye coordination.
- As a painter and decorator, you will work on a variety of projects internal and external
- Good team player
- Can work on own initiative
- Self motivated
- Must be smart and presentable and flexible to work over-time if required.
Qualifications required for this apprenticeship:
GCSE Maths and English A*- C or Functional Skills or equivalent are preferred
Apprenticeship Framework: Level 2 painting and decorating
Apprenticeship Duration: 2 years
How To Apply
Please see advert for more information.