To carry out high quality maintenance work to the Group’s properties and for external customers as appropriate.
This post requires the post-holder to carry out duties of a physical nature, within defined manual handling restriction. These could include one or more of the following:
Manual work i.e, Plastering, Painting, Brick-laying, Working at heights, Working off site in tenants homes
– To carry out all the traditional duties of a multi-skilled tradesman, including plumbing, carpentry, wet trades and building plus related finishes, patching and making good tasks, as requested by the Responsive Repairs Team Leader.
– To collect job orders and arrange visits to keep pre-arranged appointments, as appropriate.
– To carry out jobs according to instructions and to keep materials usage to a minimum consistent with required quality standards, obtaining approval whenever any substantial variation from orders is required.
– To report to the Responsive Repairs Team Leader any additional items or defects encountered during the course of day-to-day work.
– To ensure that work is carried out in accordance with all Health and Safety at Work regulations and codes of practice, including wearing protective clothing as supplied, and to attend training as requested.
– To maintain up-to-date knowledge, with training where appropriate, of standards applicable to individual trade.
– To collect necessary goods from stock or from suppliers.
– To ensure that all tools, vehicles, equipment and plant used are kept in good, clean working order and serviced regularly.
– To keep accurate daily and weekly records of work carried out on job tickets and timesheets or portable computer, in accordance with procedures.
– To work management directed overtime as required payable in accordance with Cash Value Incentive Scheme.
– To maintain a professional and cordial relationship with tenants whose homes are visited.
– To ensure that the Group’s Equal Opportunities Policy is fully implemented at all times.
– To carry out other duties appropriate to this post, as necessary.
– To participate in Standby duties for the Section on a rota basis, as and when required by the Group.
Skills required for this apprenticeship
– Able to work as part of a team
– Good communication skills
– Ability to understand and carry out instructions
Personal qualities required for this apprenticeship
– Flexible, enthusiastic, ‘can-do’ approach to everyday work
– Good Work Ethic, Passion and right attitude to work
Hours of work
Full time, Monday – Friday
GCSE Maths and English A*- C or Functional Skills or equivalent is preferred
Maintenance Operations Level 2, you will be required to attend our centre in Newcastle under Lyme, ST5 7AS, on a block release basis. please consider your transport arrangements.