Property Plus offer this apprenticeship at the National Minimum Wage for your age group, £5.60 for 18-20 year olds, £7.05 21-24 year olds and £7.50 25 years plus.
To carry out high quality maintenance work to the Group’s properties and for external customers through undertaking the traditional duties of a multi-skilled trade operative that include: internal painting to a high standard including suitable preparation of the surfaces being painted. Maintain, overhaul or replace component parts to windows and doors, including uPVC.
This post requires the post-holder to carry out duties of a physical nature, including working from heights, within defined manual handling restrictions and in accordance with Health and Safety requirements.
Training and support
In addition to the Apprentice Framework the successful applicants will be provided with on the job training and support from experienced multi-trade operatives. A mentor will also be allocated to the Apprentice who will arrange regular one-to-one meetings throughout the Framework Programme and beyond.
Mandatory Health and Safety training and the supply of full PPE will be provided by the Company.
On completion of the Apprenticeship the following tasks will comprise the key requirements of the role.
Carry out reasonable repairs to joinery prior to painting to include.
– Carry out plaster patching and filling to a reasonable standard prior to painting. – Repair or replace timber fence panels to include gates and iron works. – Clean and clear guttering and rain water goods carrying our quality repairs if appropriate. – Replace or re-lay PCC concrete slabs as required. – Replace single and/or double glazing units as required. – Use of high level cleaning system (Sky Vac). – Cleaning of uPVC materials to a satisfactory standard. – Clearance of gardens and communal areas.
To report to the Repairs Supervisors any additional items or defects encountered during the course of day-to-day work
– To collect necessary goods from stock or from suppliers. – To ensure that all tools, vehicles, equipment and plant used are kept in good, clean working order and serviced regularly.
– To keep accurate daily and weekly records of work carried out on job tickets and timesheets or portable computer, in accordance with procedures.
– To maintain a professional and cordial relationship with tenants whose homes are visited.
– To ensure that work is carried out in accordance with all Health and Safety at Work regulations and codes of practice, including wearing protective clothing as supplied, and to attend training as requested.
Skills required for this apprenticeship
– Able to work as part of a team
– Good communication skills
– Ability to understand and carry out instructions
Personal qualities required for this apprenticeship
– Flexible, enthusiastic, ‘can-do’ approach to everyday work
– Good Work Ethic, Passion and right attitude to work
Hours of work
37.5 hours, Monday – Friday
GCSE Maths and English A*- C or Functional Skills or equivalent is preferred
Other : Driving License: required
Maintenance Operations Level 2, you will be required to attend our centre in Newcastle under Lyme, ST5 7AS, on a block release basis. please consider your transport arrangements.
- 18 months minimum