This is a great opportunity for someone with creative flair who wants to combine engineering skills with creative drawing. Apply now and progress through on a Level 3 BTEC diploma in heating, ventilation & air conditioning.
The main duties required consist of:
- To assist the design team in preparing computer generated drawing packages
- To assist in producing technical details using knowledge of engineering materials and installation techniques
- To assist in site surveys and measured drawings
- To assist in the production of written specifications
- To assist in preparing presentation material and reports
- To adhere to and promote the use of CAD systems with particular emphasis on notation and formatting, information transfer and electronic file management policy and procedures as set up within the department
- To transform hand drawn details/layouts/sketches to CAD software and issue to Clients
- Manage the production & issuing of drawings
- To assist in the design of Mechanical Services for domestic & commercial buildings
- Enforce appropriate Health and Safety procedures and precautions, particularly the CDM regulations
Training will also consist of using the following software packages:
What is an Engineer?
An Engineer is a person who designs, builds, or maintains engines, machines, or structures. This particular job enables you to combine both engineering skills and creativity to be able to produce designs from start to finish.
About Your Employer:
HSM Consulting Engineers specialise in the design of mechanical and electrical services within the built environment. They are based in Staffordshire and operate throughout the UK.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions as described by other team members
- Organisation Skills (be able to manage time effectively and prioritise workload accordingly)
- Understand how to deliver right using a first-time approach
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written.
- Able to work as part of a team and alone on tasks, while maintaining the high standards for quality and Health and Safety
- Computer Literate (MS Office)
- Excellent time keeper and attendance
- Proactive approach to seeking knowledge and a learning attitude
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexible, enthusiastic, ‘can-do’ approach to everyday work tasks
- Open to change and new ideas
- Willingness and desire to take responsibility and use own initiative when needed
- Commitment to own personal professional development (willingness to learn)
- Excellent Work Ethic, Passion and right attitude to work
Applying English & Maths In This Role:
Engineering requires Maths skills regarding things like electrical circuits, computer design for new products etc. Depending on what you do in Engineering you will come across different types of Maths
GCSE Maths and English 9-4 (A*- C) or Functional Skills as equivalent (Preferred)
Level 3 BTEC Diploma in heating, ventilation & air conditioning
Engineers create and build, these are such vital skills in the industry and can lead you onto big career prospects! Engineers can be expected to be paid a good wage which often goes up with experience.