Joinery can be a fantastic career which can lead to a lot of work prospects, a healthy wage and learning a valued trade!
- Carry out all aspects of joinery 1st and 2nd
- Support the senior joiner on minor works or working as part of a team on projects.
- Working towards NVQ level 2 in Joinery or other equivalent qualification
- Working towards CSCS card, Asbestos Awareness, Ladder Training, H&S Awareness & Manual Handling training
- Be capable of working efficiently, effectively, diligently and courteously
- Be able to work as part of a team or individually
- To ensure workspace is clean and tidy at all times and all workspaces are left in the condition expect to find them at the end of each working day
- To be clean and presentable at all times keeping uniform and vehicles clean and tidy
- To complete work within time-scales set
- Awareness and monitoring of material budgets to avoid overspend
- Materials must be properly stored and leftover materials returned to the office
- Ability to determine the extent of materials required and carry out the most cost-effective and appropriate repairs and installations
- Plan and organise the work, materials and equipment according to priorities, the size and complexity of the job, the need to minimise travel and other non-productive time, and the need to keep scheduled appointments
- To keep supervisory staff aware of progress and problems in a timely manner.
- Be able to use both documentation for reporting and maintaining records
- A good communicator internally & externally, using tact where appropriate
Healthy and Safety:
- Comply with current Health and Safety regulations
- Completion of H&S file prior to commencing works
- Ensure CPP & RAMS are adhered to
- Personal Protective Equipment [PPE] provided must be used at all times
- Check all equipment prior to use
- All areas must be kept clean, tidy and free from hazards
- Report any health and safety issues or concerns immediately
About Your Employer:
Formed in Stoke-on-Trent, Wallace Contracts Ltd has been successfully trading in painting and decorating since 1978. With continued expansion and investment over the last 40 years they are a premier supplier in the Decorating, Refurbishment and Planned Maintenance Industry.
- Willing to learn
- Committed to excellent customer service and providing good quality service
- Ability to communicate well with customers
- Respond to customer requests
- Go the extra mile to ensure the customer is fully satisfied
5 GCSE’s 9-4 (A-C) or grades as equivalent
Apprenticeship in joinery Level 2
Joinery can lead to a successful career and is a very handy trade to learn. This apprenticeship can be a great start to a successful career.