Do you have a passion for IT? This is a fantastic role with great opportunities! IT can lead to a variety of jobs and a well-paid career path.
Support a 24/7 production environment. This includes, but is not limited to, maintenance and support of desktop/server hardware, including desktops/laptops, printers, and phone systems. The support, maintenance and development of existing software applications written in Excel and Access is key.
The salary for this role is negotiable and can be up to £25k per year for the right candidate.
About Your Employer:
Klarius Products Ltd is the largest manufacturer of aftermarket emissions equipment in the UK. The business combines in-house R&D, testing, manufacturing, warehousing and distribution facilities to provide market-leading components for a wide range of vehicles of any age.
What is an IT apprentice?
A job in IT can be very rewarding. Not only are you learning the systems of growing and developing technology, but you are also helping others upgrade and maintain software. You are often the first person of contact when an IT problem is occurring which will mean you are an important and relied upon member of the team. IT based job roles can be an excellent start to a successful career and will also help you to be knowledgeable regarding software in the future.
- Excel and Access development experience, including VBA
- IT Technical Support experience.
- Windows Server experience, – Server 2003
- Desktop support experience – XP, Windows 7,8,10
- Familiarity with network hardware, standards and protocols: Active Directory, Firewalls, Switches, Access Points, TCP/IP,
- SNMP, SMTP, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, VPN, IP Telephony.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Maintain and create proper documentation for systems support and maintenance.
- Be self-motivated and detail-oriented.
- Proactive identification of any potential problems and propose improvements
- Achieving and maintaining the required level of technical knowledge and qualifications that is necessary for the role.
- Regular feedback to users on progress and resolution via email, telephone and face to face updates
- Undertaking any other reasonable activity as requested
Applying English and Maths To This Role:
A good standard of written and spoken English is essential to the role as the apprentice will be required to simplify and communicate complex technical concepts.
5 GCSE’s inc Maths, English, and IT/ Computing A*- C or Functional Skills or equivalent
Level 3 IT Infrastructure Technician Apprentice Vacancy
IT can be a well-paid job and lead to a variety of successful jobs. IT is always developing and is a skill which is widely sought after.