This job will allow you to learn lots of aspects around glazing and fitting, giving you fantastic experience picking up skills to get into a rewarding trade.
- Measuring and cutting glass
- Replacing broken glass
- Traditional putty glazing
- Measuring and UPVC windows
- Tidying up
- Using tools and machinery
What is a Glazier?
A Glazier is a skilled tradesman (part of Fenestration) responsible for cutting, installing, and removing glass. Glaziers may work with glass in various surfaces and settings, such as windows, doors, shower doors, skylights, storefronts, display cases, mirrors, facades, interior walls, ceilings, and tabletops.
About Your Employer:
Modern Glass are a Glassworks firm in Sneyd Green are a small family run business established in 1947.
- Willingness to learn
- Be able to work in a team and individually
- Quick learner
- Be able to carry out instructions
- Good organisation
- Used to using tools
- Well mannered
- Show exceptional customer service
- Positively reflect the companies brand
Applying English & Maths To This Role:
You will be using a tape measure to measure windows and frames and also reading orders.
5 GCSE’s 9-4 (A-C) preferred
Apprenticeship in Fenestration Installation Level 2
Wages and roles increase with skill sets and knowledge.